Career management is about taking control of your career to proactively ensure that your career is meeting both your professional and personal objectives.
Effective career management is built on firm foundations, so it is essential to have a clear understanding of your “career profile” i.e. your skills, experiences and potential. Exploring your career options and bench-marking your skills in the job market will help devise a clear, focused and realistic career plan. Developing an attractive sales pitch to prospective employers and learning how to create opportunities are the means by which the career plan will be implemented.
Career management isn’t a single intervention but an ongoing strategy. However, there are times in your career when it will require more input, especially if you are looking for a job move or promotion.
Career management has both immediate and longer term benefits:
· Achieving higher salary
· Enhancing job satisfaction and interest
· Improving your marketability
· Minimising risk where there is career uncertainty
· Positioning yourself for future job opportunities
· Creating balance between your personal and professional needs
How can Personal Career Management help me?
Working with one of our team of specialist career consultants, we will help you manage your career by:
· Identifying and assessing your key skills and experiences and any gaps
· Working out what it is you really want to do for the future
· Devising a practical career action plan to determine what to do and when
· Maximising opportunities within your current organisation
· Marketing your skills persuasively to potential external employers
· Enhancing your salary negotiation skills to ensure that you are being paid appropriately and well
· Reviewing your strategic action plan to ensure your career remains on-track and is able to
accommodate unforeseen changes
How do I find out more?
Ring Shakespeare Davenport on 01234 930600, email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in our contact form and one of our team will ring you to discuss your requirements. Shakespeare Davenport operates under the CIPD Code of Practice